Wednesday, February 11, 2015

How Art Has Changed Me


Art has always been a big part of my life from an early age starting with music and drawing. I have played the guitar for 20 years, and have been a DJ for 15 years, so creating is something I enjoy and will continue doing so for many years to come. When I see people that want to retire as soon as possible, I imagine it is most likely because they hate what they do and I would never want to be on that path. If you love what you do, you never work a day in your life, and the best part is you are making money doing it! When I decided to become a film-maker, from what I learned in taking classes at The Art Institute made me open my eyes to the importance of film that I was never aware of. It is almost like intelligently dissecting something and understanding why the director did this in a certain way. Also, the thing with film is that it is a medium that can really move people emotionally, so I see it as an outlet to freely express myself through motion pictures. I know it will be a long journey to where I want to be, but I am looking forward to it because I am open to meeting new people and having new experiences in my life. I believe that people who are more ‘artsy’ and creative are more fun, open-minded, and easy-going then people who are not. I see myself really as an artist because I do many different activities that are involved with art such as film-making, music, and design. Creating is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment